|Home|||||Results|||||Schedule|||||Ring Magazine Rankings|
Mike Tyson breaks ground on California marijuana ranch
- Joshua to fight Parker in heavyweight unification bout
- Olympic boxing champion Claressa Shields defeats Tori Nelson
- WBC heavyweight champ Wilder to face unbeaten Ortiz
- WBC heavyweight champion Wilder sentenced in marijuana case
- Olympic medalist charged with committing lewd acts on child
- Ex-boxing champ Vinny Paz accused of assault: 'I got robbed'
- Mike Tyson breaks ground on California marijuana ranch
- Ex-boxer Vinny Paz accused of beating up, biting man
CALIFORNIA CITY, Calif. (AP) Former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson is becoming a California marijuana entrepreneur.
TheBlast.com reports that Tyson and partners on Dec. 20 broke ground on a plot for a cannabis resort in California City, a remote Mojave Desert town that's about a 110-mile (177-kilometer) drive north of Los Angeles.
Partner Robert Hickman tells the website that the undeveloped lands are primed to be cultivated and that Tyson Ranch will be an oasis.
In a video of the event, California City Mayor Jennifer Wood thanks Tyson for his commitment to the community, saying the industry will provide medical marijuana to people in need, revenue, jobs and income for residents.
Calls and emails from The Associated Press to a Tyson representative and the mayor were not immediately returned Tuesday.
Updated January 2, 2018