NCAA Men's Basketball
Game Recap - Minutemen v Rams
Rhode Island downs UMass 73-51 behind Terrell, Robinson
- Father delivers closing argument for son
- Kentucky preseason pick to win SEC title
- Duke reloaded with more touted freshmen
- UFC picked to win AAC, Taylor top player
- Texas G Jones suffers broken toe
KINGSTON, R.I. (AP) Jared Terrell scored 24 points with four 3-pointers and three steals, Stanford Robinson added 17 points with 12 rebounds, and Rhode Island beat Massachusetts 73-51 on Wednesday night to open the Atlantic 10 Conference season 6-0 for the first time in school history.
Terrell opened with a 3 and Rhode Island never trailed, leading 40-20 at halftime after a 12-2 run.
The Minutemen closed to 45-31 on an 11-5 run capped by Carl Pierre's 3-point play, then trailed 60-46 with 8:04 to go. But Robinson's layup sparked a 10-2 Rhode Island run for a 70-48 lead.
Updated January 17, 2018