NCAA Men's Basketball
News Story - Jones enrolls in online classes at Texas
Jones enrolls in online classes at Texas
- NCAA to study legalized betting effects
- Clemson gives Brownell 6-year, $15M deal
- UNC, UCLA, MSU to play in Vegas tourney
- Duke to have all-access TV show in fall
- Michigan extends Beilein through 2022-23
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) Texas basketball player Andrew Jones has been approved for online-based coursework for summer school and will move into a dorm, big steps toward an eventual return to the program as he continues treatment for leukemia.
Longhorns coach Shaka Smart announced the move Thursday. Jones was diagnosed in January and he spent weeks in Houston for treatment. He eventually started posting on social media videos of himself shooting baskets.
He also sat courtside for a game when the Texas women played in the NCAA Tournament. It's unclear if Jones will be able to return for the 2018-2019 season.
Updated June 7, 2018