|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Nikolic scores in 66th to give Fire 1-1 draw with Red Bulls
European Football Headlines
- Sydney FC beat Western Sydney 3-1 in A-League derby
- Jonas nets 2 late goals to keep Benfica in title hunt
- Inter beats Benevento 2-0 despite terrible performance
- Messi, Ronaldo both net 2 in wins by Barca and Madrid
- Ronaldo nets 2 as Madrid beats Alaves 4-0 in Spain
- Messi, Suarez combine for 5 goals as Barca beats Girona 6-1
- Victory leapfrog Adelaide into 4th place in A-League
- Monaco's defense falls apart in 3-3 draw at Toulouse
- Lethal front 3 lifts Liverpool into 2nd place in EPL
- Hertha ends Bayern's winning run, Bremen beats Hamburg
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) Nemanja Nikolic tied it in the 66th minute and the Chicago Fire held on for a 1-1 draw with the New York Red Bulls on Saturday.
Michael de Leeuw squared Johan Kappelhof's deep ball with a flick pass across the top of the 6-yard box and Nikolic connected with a header down into the middle of the net for the Fire (13-9-6).
Bradley Wright-Phillips volleyed home Sacha Kljestan's header pass in the eighth minute to open the scoring for the Red Bulls (12-10-5). Wright-Phillips has 15h goals this season to join Robbie Keane as the only MLS players with four 15-plus goal seasons.
Kljestan has 48 assists over the last three seasons - only Marco Etcheverry (49) and Pibe Valderrama (53) have more over a three-season span in MLS history.
Updated September 9, 2017