|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Nikolic scores in 66th to give Fire 1-1 draw with Red Bulls
European Football Headlines
- The Latest: England fans lay wreath to Stalingrad's dead
- Russia goalkeeper reluctant to talk about Salah's return
- Forget stylish attacking moves, this is set-piece World Cup
- 'Iranian Messi' feels at home at World Cup before Spain game
- The Latest: Pogba goal for France now an Australia own goal
- Brazil in an unusual spot after a draw to open World Cup
- Serbia Surprise: Eagles have early advantage in group play
- Denmark's injured Kvist hopes to return at World Cup
- Brazil held to 1-1 draw by Switzerland at World Cup
- Brazilians disappointed after 1-1 tie at World Cup
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) Nemanja Nikolic tied it in the 66th minute and the Chicago Fire held on for a 1-1 draw with the New York Red Bulls on Saturday.
Michael de Leeuw squared Johan Kappelhof's deep ball with a flick pass across the top of the 6-yard box and Nikolic connected with a header down into the middle of the net for the Fire (13-9-6).
Bradley Wright-Phillips volleyed home Sacha Kljestan's header pass in the eighth minute to open the scoring for the Red Bulls (12-10-5). Wright-Phillips has 15h goals this season to join Robbie Keane as the only MLS players with four 15-plus goal seasons.
Kljestan has 48 assists over the last three seasons - only Marco Etcheverry (49) and Pibe Valderrama (53) have more over a three-season span in MLS history.
Updated September 9, 2017