|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Nikolic scores in 66th to give Fire 1-1 draw with Red Bulls
European Football Headlines
- Gremio beats Lanus in first leg of Copa Libertadores final
- Barcelona draws 0-0 at Juventus to seal top spot in group
- Anthony Hudson quits as New Zealand soccer coach
- History repeats for Mourinho, Man United with loss at Basel
- Barcelona, Chelsea advance to Champions League last 16
- CSKA beats Benfica, moves closer to Champions League last 16
- Chelsea beats Qarabag 4-0, reaches Champions League last 16
- Neymar, Cavani, Mbappe score as PSG routs Celtic 7-1
- Atletico beats Roma 2-0 to stay alive in Champions League
- Lille suspends coach Marcelo Bielsa
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) Nemanja Nikolic tied it in the 66th minute and the Chicago Fire held on for a 1-1 draw with the New York Red Bulls on Saturday.
Michael de Leeuw squared Johan Kappelhof's deep ball with a flick pass across the top of the 6-yard box and Nikolic connected with a header down into the middle of the net for the Fire (13-9-6).
Bradley Wright-Phillips volleyed home Sacha Kljestan's header pass in the eighth minute to open the scoring for the Red Bulls (12-10-5). Wright-Phillips has 15h goals this season to join Robbie Keane as the only MLS players with four 15-plus goal seasons.
Kljestan has 48 assists over the last three seasons - only Marco Etcheverry (49) and Pibe Valderrama (53) have more over a three-season span in MLS history.
Updated September 9, 2017