|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Kamara scores 15th goal, Crew tie Sporting KC 1-1
European Football Headlines
- The Latest: England fans lay wreath to Stalingrad's dead
- Russia goalkeeper reluctant to talk about Salah's return
- Forget stylish attacking moves, this is set-piece World Cup
- 'Iranian Messi' feels at home at World Cup before Spain game
- The Latest: Pogba goal for France now an Australia own goal
- Brazil in an unusual spot after a draw to open World Cup
- Serbia Surprise: Eagles have early advantage in group play
- Denmark's injured Kvist hopes to return at World Cup
- Brazil held to 1-1 draw by Switzerland at World Cup
- Brazilians disappointed after 1-1 tie at World Cup
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Ola Kamara scored his 15th goal of the season in first-half stoppage time and the Columbus Crew tied Sporting Kansas City 1-1 on Sunday.
Columbus (13-12-4) had lost six of its last seven regular-season games in the series. Kansas City (10-6-11) snapped a two-game road losing streak.
Kamara headed in Pedro Santos's corner kick to move within four goals of New York City FC's David Villa for the Golden Boot award.
Cristian Lobato opened the scoring in the 19th minute with his first MLS goal. Columbus defender Jonathan Mensah misplayed a long free kick by Matt Besler and Lobato capitalized with a calm shot past Zack Steffen. Lobato, a Spanish midfielder, was playing in just his sixth league game.
Sporting KC goalkeeper Tim Melia has only allowed a goal or less in five straight games, leading to 11 team points.
Updated September 10, 2017