|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Rusnak, Silva score in RSL's 2-0 win over FC Dallas
European Football Headlines
- Former Spain playmaker Iniesta makes debut in Japan
- Germany star Ozil defends his photo with Turkish president
- Timbers tie Impact 2-2, increase MLS unbeaten streak to 13
- Serna pulls Rapids to a 2-2 tie against Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas, Houston play to 1-1 after scoring early goals
- Trapp's late blast lifts Crew past Orlando City, 3-2
- Jonathan Osorio breaks tie, Toronto FC beats Fire 2-1
- Red Bulls stay hot, beat Revolution 2-0
- Ibrahimovic leads Galaxy over Union 3-1
- Nicolas Lodeiro scores twice, Sounders beat Whitecaps 2-0
SANDY, Utah (AP) Albert Rusnak scored on an early penalty kick, Luis Silva added a stoppage-time goal and Real Salt Lake beat FC Dallas 2-0 on Saturday night.
Sebastian Saucedo drew the foul against Kellyn Acosta to set up Rusnak's goal in the 11th minute. Rusnak went low and to the left and goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez guessed the right way, but was unable to get to it.
Silva finished Jefferson Savarino's cross to cap a breakaway in the first minute of second-half stoppage time.
Savarino blocked Matt Hedges' header away to help preserve Real Salt Lake's lead in the 71st minute.
Real Salt Lake (9-8-2) started 10 homegrown players and subbed on an 11th to set an MLS record for most homegrown appearances in a single game.
FC Dallas dropped to 10-3-5 in losing their first game to a Western Conference opponent this season.
Updated July 8, 2018