|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Rusnak, Silva score in RSL's 2-0 win over FC Dallas
European Football Headlines
- Front-runner Germany faces Turkey in Euro 2024 hosting vote
- Amnesty: Firm by Qatar 2022 World Cup site didn't pay wages
- Indonesian soccer league suspended after fan killed
- English FA technical director leaves to join Brighton
- Vancouver Whitecaps fire coach Carl Robinson, assistants
- Atletico dominates early, tops Huesca 3-0 with help from VAR
- 15-year-old striker Elliott plays for Fulham in League Cup
- League Cup: Mourinho's Man United ousted by Lampard's Derby
- Paul Pogba stripped of Man United vice captaincy by Mourinho
- JP Dellacamera to receive US Soccer Hall of Fame award
SANDY, Utah (AP) Albert Rusnak scored on an early penalty kick, Luis Silva added a stoppage-time goal and Real Salt Lake beat FC Dallas 2-0 on Saturday night.
Sebastian Saucedo drew the foul against Kellyn Acosta to set up Rusnak's goal in the 11th minute. Rusnak went low and to the left and goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez guessed the right way, but was unable to get to it.
Silva finished Jefferson Savarino's cross to cap a breakaway in the first minute of second-half stoppage time.
Savarino blocked Matt Hedges' header away to help preserve Real Salt Lake's lead in the 71st minute.
Real Salt Lake (9-8-2) started 10 homegrown players and subbed on an 11th to set an MLS record for most homegrown appearances in a single game.
FC Dallas dropped to 10-3-5 in losing their first game to a Western Conference opponent this season.
Updated July 8, 2018