|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Rusnak, Silva score in RSL's 2-0 win over FC Dallas
European Football Headlines
- Valencia forward Guedes out 2 months after abdomen surgery
- Leganes extends unbeaten run after 0-0 draw at Celta in Liga
- Wolfsburg extends Nuremberg's winless run in Bundesliga
- Manchester United-Liverpool Preview
- Toronto FC sends backup goalkeeper Clint Irwin to Colorado
- Boca Juniors not renewing contract of coach Barros Schelotto
- Violent Eintracht fans create disorder at Lazio match
- AEK Athens to compensate Bayern fans for high ticket prices
- Chelsea-Brighton & Hove Albion Preview
- Arsenal-Southampton Preview
SANDY, Utah (AP) Albert Rusnak scored on an early penalty kick, Luis Silva added a stoppage-time goal and Real Salt Lake beat FC Dallas 2-0 on Saturday night.
Sebastian Saucedo drew the foul against Kellyn Acosta to set up Rusnak's goal in the 11th minute. Rusnak went low and to the left and goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez guessed the right way, but was unable to get to it.
Silva finished Jefferson Savarino's cross to cap a breakaway in the first minute of second-half stoppage time.
Savarino blocked Matt Hedges' header away to help preserve Real Salt Lake's lead in the 71st minute.
Real Salt Lake (9-8-2) started 10 homegrown players and subbed on an 11th to set an MLS record for most homegrown appearances in a single game.
FC Dallas dropped to 10-3-5 in losing their first game to a Western Conference opponent this season.
Updated July 8, 2018