NYCFC snaps Montreal Impact's 4-game win streak 3-0
European Football Headlines
- Former Spain playmaker Iniesta makes debut in Japan
- Germany star Ozil defends his photo with Turkish president
- Timbers tie Impact 2-2, increase MLS unbeaten streak to 13
- Serna pulls Rapids to a 2-2 tie against Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas, Houston play to 1-1 after scoring early goals
- Trapp's late blast lifts Crew past Orlando City, 3-2
- Jonathan Osorio breaks tie, Toronto FC beats Fire 2-1
- Red Bulls stay hot, beat Revolution 2-0
- Ibrahimovic leads Galaxy over Union 3-1
- Nicolas Lodeiro scores twice, Sounders beat Whitecaps 2-0
NEW YORK (AP) Ronald Matarrita had a goal and an assist to lead New York City FC to a 3-0 victory over the Montreal Impact on Wednesday night.
Matarrita entered as a substitute in the 62nd minute. Three minutes later, his chip caught Montreal goalkeeper Evan Bush out of position and found its way to the side netting to make it 2-0.
Maturita assisted on Jonathan Lewis' first MLS goal in the 76th minute, which was a header that glanced in off the right post.
Jesus Medina opened the scoring in the 60th minute with a left-footed smash from 20 yards out as NYCFC (11-4-4) snapped the Impact's four-game winning streak.
City remained unbeaten at home this season (9-0-1), with six of those wins coming via shutout. The Impact, which has been shut out seven times this season, dropped to 2-9-0 on the road and 8-12-0 overall.
Updated July 11, 2018