NYCFC snaps Montreal Impact's 4-game win streak 3-0
European Football Headlines
- Modric wins world player of year, ends Ronaldo-Messi duopoly
- Messi will miss Argentina friendly vs Brazil in October
- Bayern toasting Bundesliga dominance ahead of Oktoberfest
- Players' union reiterates disapproval of league match in US
- Private jets, favors to son detailed in FIFA official's case
- Agnelli: New club competition important despite little value
- APNewsBreak: France Football launches Women's Ballon d'Or
- Ancelotti putting his mark on Napoli; Roma struggling
- Sanchez spark still missing for Manchester United
- Spat in Spanish soccer over playing during daytime heat
NEW YORK (AP) Ronald Matarrita had a goal and an assist to lead New York City FC to a 3-0 victory over the Montreal Impact on Wednesday night.
Matarrita entered as a substitute in the 62nd minute. Three minutes later, his chip caught Montreal goalkeeper Evan Bush out of position and found its way to the side netting to make it 2-0.
Maturita assisted on Jonathan Lewis' first MLS goal in the 76th minute, which was a header that glanced in off the right post.
Jesus Medina opened the scoring in the 60th minute with a left-footed smash from 20 yards out as NYCFC (11-4-4) snapped the Impact's four-game winning streak.
City remained unbeaten at home this season (9-0-1), with six of those wins coming via shutout. The Impact, which has been shut out seven times this season, dropped to 2-9-0 on the road and 8-12-0 overall.
Updated July 11, 2018