|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
NYCFC snaps Montreal Impact's 4-game win streak 3-0
European Football Headlines
- Front-runner Germany faces Turkey in Euro 2024 hosting vote
- Amnesty: Firm by Qatar 2022 World Cup site didn't pay wages
- Indonesian soccer league suspended after fan killed
- English FA technical director leaves to join Brighton
- Vancouver Whitecaps fire coach Carl Robinson, assistants
- Atletico dominates early, tops Huesca 3-0 with help from VAR
- 15-year-old striker Elliott plays for Fulham in League Cup
- League Cup: Mourinho's Man United ousted by Lampard's Derby
- Paul Pogba stripped of Man United vice captaincy by Mourinho
- JP Dellacamera to receive US Soccer Hall of Fame award
NEW YORK (AP) Ronald Matarrita had a goal and an assist to lead New York City FC to a 3-0 victory over the Montreal Impact on Wednesday night.
Matarrita entered as a substitute in the 62nd minute. Three minutes later, his chip caught Montreal goalkeeper Evan Bush out of position and found its way to the side netting to make it 2-0.
Maturita assisted on Jonathan Lewis' first MLS goal in the 76th minute, which was a header that glanced in off the right post.
Jesus Medina opened the scoring in the 60th minute with a left-footed smash from 20 yards out as NYCFC (11-4-4) snapped the Impact's four-game winning streak.
City remained unbeaten at home this season (9-0-1), with six of those wins coming via shutout. The Impact, which has been shut out seven times this season, dropped to 2-9-0 on the road and 8-12-0 overall.
Updated July 11, 2018