|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Sounders lose Jordan Morris to hamstring strain
European Football Headlines
- Defender's stunning volley helps Levante win in La Liga
- Manchester United-Southampton Preview
- Huddersfield Town-Burnley Preview
- Crystal Palace-Manchester City Preview
- Watford-Swansea City Preview
- Liverpool-Leicester City Preview
- Leverkusen: FIFA has cleared Argentine striker Lucas Alario
- Chelsea-Stoke City Preview
- Man United expecting Amazon, Facebook interest in EPL rights
- Tottenham Hotspur-West Ham United Preview
TUKWILA, Wash. (AP) The Seattle Sounders will be without forward Jordan Morris for at least a few weeks after an MRI revealed a significant hamstring strain.
Coach Brian Schmetzer didn't have a specific timetable Wednesday but said it will take weeks for Morris to recover. Schmetzer said Morris is hopeful of getting back for the last couple games of the MLS regular season and may potentially be available for the MLS playoffs.
The injury could also keep Morris out of two key World Cup qualifying matches for the U.S. against Panama and Trinidad and Tobago in early October.
Morris was hurt in the second half of Sunday's match against Los Angeles, pulling up and grabbing at his right leg while he was chasing down a ball in the open field. The game ended in a 1-1 draw.
Updated September 13, 2017