|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Atlanta United star Almiron week to week with hamstring
European Football Headlines
- Stuttgart captain's father dies in stadium after game
- Dortmund beats Bremen, claims honorary title in Bundesliga
- Man City back on top of EPL; Eriksen saves Spurs
- West Ham make it four wins in a row against Fulham
- Griezmann nets 2, Atletico wins to pull level with Barcelona
- Inter beats Udinese 1-0 to end 7-match winless run
- Kashima beats Chivas 3-2, will meet Madrid at Club World Cup
- Wolves secure third straight win by beating Bournemouth 2-0
- Watford holds off Cardiff 3-2 to end EPL 6-match winless run
- Rondon helps Newcastle end losing run at Huddersfield
ATLANTA (AP) Miguel Almiron is battling a left hamstring injury with Atlanta United trying to clinch the best regular-season record in Major League Soccer.
The star midfielder is listed as week to week, putting in doubt his status for United's final two games. He also will miss a chance play for his national team in Paraguay during FIFA's international window, remaining in Atlanta to rehabilitate his injury.
The team said Tuesday that Almiron was hurt during last Saturday's 2-1 win over New England. The victory kept United one point ahead of New York Red Bulls in the race for MLS Supporters' Shield, which assures a spot in the CONCACAF Champions League.
After this week's' international break, United hosts Chicago in its final regular-season home game Oct. 21 before the closing the season at Toronto a week later.
Atlanta is assured a first-round bye in the MLS playoffs, giving Almiron additional time to recover.
For more AP soccer coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/MLSsoccer
Updated October 9, 2018