|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Atlanta United star Almiron week to week with hamstring
European Football Headlines
- Shad Khan drops bid to buy Wembley Stadium amid opposition
- Sargent scores, US gives up late goal in 1-1 tie with Peru
- A-League: Question marks over Usain Bolt, attendance decline
- Germany's struggles continue with loss to France
- Madagascar reaches first African Cup, Egypt also qualifies
- US-Italy soccer exhibition to be played in Genk, Belgium
- Germany loses again in 2-1 defeat to World Cup winner France
- US and North American rival Canada meet in qualifying final
- Miranda scores to give Brazil 1-0 win over Argentina
- FA looks into claims about Shad Khan team amid Wembley sale
ATLANTA (AP) Miguel Almiron is battling a left hamstring injury with Atlanta United trying to clinch the best regular-season record in Major League Soccer.
The star midfielder is listed as week to week, putting in doubt his status for United's final two games. He also will miss a chance play for his national team in Paraguay during FIFA's international window, remaining in Atlanta to rehabilitate his injury.
The team said Tuesday that Almiron was hurt during last Saturday's 2-1 win over New England. The victory kept United one point ahead of New York Red Bulls in the race for MLS Supporters' Shield, which assures a spot in the CONCACAF Champions League.
After this week's' international break, United hosts Chicago in its final regular-season home game Oct. 21 before the closing the season at Toronto a week later.
Atlanta is assured a first-round bye in the MLS playoffs, giving Almiron additional time to recover.
For more AP soccer coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/MLSsoccer
Updated October 9, 2018