NCAA Women's Basketball
Game Recap - Michigan v Northwestern
|NCAA Women's Basketball|
|12:00 PM PT1:00 PM MT2:00 PM CT3:00 PM ET8:00 PM GMT4:00 PM 北京时间1:00 PM MST3:00 PM EST, Jan 28, 2018
Beardsley Gym, Evanston, Illinois Attendance: 0
Barnes Arico wins 400, No. 16 Michigan women top NU 80-59
Womens College Headlines
- NCAA basketball referee pleads guilty to molesting teen boy
- Florida's Simone Westbrook gets rare 7th year of eligibility
- Women's basketball mourns death of Anne Donovan
- Hall of Famer and Olympic gold medalist Anne Donovan dies.
- Summitt's spirit hovers over Hall of Fame induction ceremony
- Holdsclaw returns to Knoxville for Hall of Fame induction
- Dailey, DeMoss make history as assistants in Hall of Fame
- Ex-Clemson coach Smith takes over at South Carolina State
- Wright and McGraw to receive Joe Lapchick Character Award
- A&M center Caylinne Martin charged with injury to elderly
EVANSTON, Ill. (AP) Katelynn Flaherty scored 27 points, Hallie Thome added 25 and No. 16 Michigan gave coach Kim Barnes Arico her 400th career win, 80-59 over Northwestern on Sunday.
Thome had 19 points on 8-of-11 shooting as the Wolverines (19-4, 8-2 Big Ten), who won their sixth straight, led 37-28 at the half. Flaherty went 4 of 4 from 3-point range and scored 20 points in the second half as Michigan improved to 50-5 when scoring 80 points under Barnes Arico.
Barnes Arico, already the wins leader in six seasons at Michigan with 130, is the seventh active Big Ten coach with 400 wins. She had 176 wins in 10 seasons at St. John's, still the record for the Red Storm. She is 400-273 in 21 seasons.
Jillian Dunston had 13 rebounds for Michigan, which had 22 assists on 28 baskets and went 17 of 17 from the foul line.
Abi Scheid had 18 points and Lindsey Pulliam 15 for Northwestern (9-14, 2-7), which has lost four straight.
Updated January 28, 2018