NCAA Women's Basketball
Game Recap - Michigan v Northwestern
|NCAA Women's Basketball|
|12:00 PM PT1:00 PM MT2:00 PM CT3:00 PM ET8:00 PM GMT4:00 PM 北京时间1:00 PM MST3:00 PM EST, Jan 28, 2018
Beardsley Gym, Evanston, Illinois Attendance: 0
Barnes Arico wins 400, No. 16 Michigan women top NU 80-59
Womens College Headlines
- UConn, Lady Vols to renew rivalry in 2019-20, 2020-21
- Lady Vols coach Holly Warlick receives contract extension
- Column: Advice to Aces should be to show up and play
- Marquette forward Tori McCoy seeks kidney transplant
- Brown University coach charged with assaulting her husband
- Once upon a time these women ruled basketball in Canada
- ACC's all-time leading women's scorer Kennedy-Dixon dies
- Former Penn St women's hoops coach Rene Portland dies at 65
- NCAA announces women's regional hoops sites for 2021, 2022
- USA women's team to hold camp, exhibition in South Carolina
EVANSTON, Ill. (AP) Katelynn Flaherty scored 27 points, Hallie Thome added 25 and No. 16 Michigan gave coach Kim Barnes Arico her 400th career win, 80-59 over Northwestern on Sunday.
Thome had 19 points on 8-of-11 shooting as the Wolverines (19-4, 8-2 Big Ten), who won their sixth straight, led 37-28 at the half. Flaherty went 4 of 4 from 3-point range and scored 20 points in the second half as Michigan improved to 50-5 when scoring 80 points under Barnes Arico.
Barnes Arico, already the wins leader in six seasons at Michigan with 130, is the seventh active Big Ten coach with 400 wins. She had 176 wins in 10 seasons at St. John's, still the record for the Red Storm. She is 400-273 in 21 seasons.
Jillian Dunston had 13 rebounds for Michigan, which had 22 assists on 28 baskets and went 17 of 17 from the foul line.
Abi Scheid had 18 points and Lindsey Pulliam 15 for Northwestern (9-14, 2-7), which has lost four straight.
Updated January 28, 2018