Game Recap - Atlanta v Washington
|8:30 AM PT9:30 AM MT10:30 AM CT11:30 AM ET15:30 GMT23:30 8:30 AM MST10:30 AM EST19:30 UAE17:3011:30 ET10:30 AM CTNaN:� , July 11, 2018
Capital One Arena, Washington, District of Columbia Attendance: 11,354
McCoughtry, hot-shooting Dream cruise past Mystics 106-89
- 'Short but sweet' search lands Fisher as coach of LA Sparks
- Derek Fisher hired to coach WNBA's Los Angeles Sparks
- Brian Agler resigns as coach of WNBA's Los Angeles Sparks
- WNBA coaches, GMs tab McCowan for top pick in mock draft
- A year later, the New York Liberty still for sale
- Lynx assistant James Wade hired as Chicago Sky coach
- A'ja Wilson returns home to rehab minor knee injury
- AP Source: Lynx assistant Wade hired as Chicago Sky coach
- WNBA cut short labor contract after 2019 season
WASHINGTON (AP) Angel McCoughtry scored 24 points and Jessica Breland added a season-high 23 points and 10 rebounds to help the Atlanta Dream beat the Washington Mystics 106-89 on Wednesday.
Renee Montgomery and Tiffany Hayes scored 21 points apiece, finishing a combined 9 of 13 from 3-point range for the Dream (10-9). Breland added a career-high seven assists and blocked three shots.
Natasha Cloud led the Mystics (12-8) with 17 points and Elena Delle Donne added 16 points and nine rebounds.
Breland and Hayes scored five points each during a 10-0 run that gave the Dream a 44-34 lead midway through the second quarter.
Atlanta, which made 11 of 18 3-pointers and shot 60 percent from the field, led 59-50 at halftime before a day game youth crowd of 11,354.
The Mystics pulled within seven points after Delle Donne's layup to open the fourth quarter, but McCoughtry scored six straight points for a 65-52 lead with eight minutes left.
Updated July 11, 2018