Game Recap - New York v Connecticut
|8:30 AM PT9:30 AM MT10:30 AM CT11:30 AM ET15:30 GMT23:30 8:30 AM MST10:30 AM EST19:30 UAE17:3011:30 ET10:30 AM CTNaN:� , July 11, 2018
Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville, Connecticut Attendance: 7,413
Shavonte Zellous hits 3 at buzzer, Liberty beat Sun 79-76
- 'Short but sweet' search lands Fisher as coach of LA Sparks
- Derek Fisher hired to coach WNBA's Los Angeles Sparks
- Brian Agler resigns as coach of WNBA's Los Angeles Sparks
- WNBA coaches, GMs tab McCowan for top pick in mock draft
- A year later, the New York Liberty still for sale
- Lynx assistant James Wade hired as Chicago Sky coach
- A'ja Wilson returns home to rehab minor knee injury
- AP Source: Lynx assistant Wade hired as Chicago Sky coach
- WNBA cut short labor contract after 2019 season
UNCASVILLE, Conn. (AP) Shavonte Zellous banked in a 3-pointer at the buzzer to lift the New York Liberty past the Connecticut Sun 79-76 on Wednesday.
Tina Charles led New York with 19 points and 11 rebounds, Epiphanny Prince scored 15 and Zellous finished with 14.
Brittany Boyd found Prince for a 3-pointer in the corner to tie it at 76 with 24.3 seconds left. After Connecticut's Jasmine Thomas missed a 3, the Liberty (6-14) called a timeout with 1.8 seconds left. Zellous hit her only 3-point attempt in the game, finishing 6 of 7 from the field.
Chiney Ogwumike had 17 points on 8 of 11 shooting and nine rebounds, while Courtney Williams scored 16 points for the Sun (10-10). Alyssa Thomas, who returned from a 10-game absence because of a shoulder injury, added 12 points and 10 rebounds.
Connecticut led by as many as 10 points before a day-game crowd of 7,413. Rachel Banham's 3-pointer gave the Sun a 74-69 lead with 2:50 left.
New York snapped a three-game skid, winning for just the second time in the last 10 games.
Updated July 11, 2018