Story - Lynx give coach Cheryl Reeve contract extension, GM duties
Lynx give coach Cheryl Reeve contract extension, GM duties
- Candace Parker leads Sparks over Sky 77-59
- Coleman's 3 lifts New York over winless Indiana 78-75
- Defensive-minded Dream visit high-scoring Storm
- Mercury host Aces with four-game win streak in tow
- Sky, Sparks look to get back on winning track
- Williams scores 22 points as Sun stay hot, beat Lynx 89-75
- Griner, Mercury cruise to 96-79 win over Sky
- Diggins-Smith scores 35; Wings rally to beat Fever 89-83
- Hayes, McCoughtry lead Dream past Aces 87-83
- Storm get 1st win in Los Angeles since 2015, rout Sparks
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) The Minnesota Lynx have signed coach Cheryl Reeve to a multiyear contract extension and made her general manager of the four-time WNBA champions.
Reeve's record in eight seasons with the Lynx is 195-77, winning titles in 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2017. During the 11 years before Reeve's arrival, the Lynx made the playoffs only twice.
Her .715 career winning percentage is the highest in WNBA history.
The Lynx also announced multiyear contract extensions with assistant coaches Shelley Patterson and Walt Hopkins on Thursday. The team promoted basketball operations manager Clare Duwelius to assistant GM.
Executive vice president Roger Griffith previously held the role of general manager. Reeve becomes the sixth dual coach/GM in the league.
Updated December 28, 2017