Story - Lynx give coach Cheryl Reeve contract extension, GM duties
Lynx give coach Cheryl Reeve contract extension, GM duties
- The Latest: Turkey routs Argentina in World Cup
- The Latest: France runs past Korea in World Cup
- The Latest: Cambage leads Australia past Nigeria
- Women's World Cup gets underway in Spain
- World Cup Diary: A'ja Wilson talks USA Basketball
- US women basketball team heavy favorite to win World Cup
- International players to watch at Women's World Cup
- Fun facts and tidbits from the Women's Basketball World Cup
- No rest for WNBA champs Bird, Stewart and Loyd
- Bird highlights US women's world cup roster
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) The Minnesota Lynx have signed coach Cheryl Reeve to a multiyear contract extension and made her general manager of the four-time WNBA champions.
Reeve's record in eight seasons with the Lynx is 195-77, winning titles in 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2017. During the 11 years before Reeve's arrival, the Lynx made the playoffs only twice.
Her .715 career winning percentage is the highest in WNBA history.
The Lynx also announced multiyear contract extensions with assistant coaches Shelley Patterson and Walt Hopkins on Thursday. The team promoted basketball operations manager Clare Duwelius to assistant GM.
Executive vice president Roger Griffith previously held the role of general manager. Reeve becomes the sixth dual coach/GM in the league.
Updated December 28, 2017