Story - Reeve, Agler, Hughes chosen court coaches at training camp
Reeve, Agler, Hughes chosen court coaches at training camp
- Candace Parker leads Sparks over Sky 77-59
- Coleman's 3 lifts New York over winless Indiana 78-75
- Defensive-minded Dream visit high-scoring Storm
- Mercury host Aces with four-game win streak in tow
- Sky, Sparks look to get back on winning track
- Williams scores 22 points as Sun stay hot, beat Lynx 89-75
- Griner, Mercury cruise to 96-79 win over Sky
- Diggins-Smith scores 35; Wings rally to beat Fever 89-83
- Hayes, McCoughtry lead Dream past Aces 87-83
- Storm get 1st win in Los Angeles since 2015, rout Sparks
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) WNBA coaches Cheryl Reeve, Brian Agler and Dan Hughes will serve as court coaches at USA Basketball women's national team training camp in South Carolina next month.
The trio will help coach Dawn Staley with on-court drills and scrimmages during the three-day camp from Feb. 9-11.
Most of the 29 members of the national team pool are expected at the training camp, except for the five college players and those competing professionally in Asia this winter.
Reeve led the Minnesota Lynx to their fourth title in seven years this past season. She was an assistant coach when the U.S. won its sixth consecutive gold medal at the Rio Games.
The U.S. will play in the World Cup - formally known as the world championship - this fall in Spain.
Hughes served on the USA Basketball national team selection committee from 2009-16. He spent 11 years as coach of the San Antonio Stars and will come out of retirement to coach of the Seattle Storm this summer.
Agler was involved with USA Basketball in the late 1990s. He's won WNBA titles with Seattle and the Los Angeles Sparks, where he's currently the coach.
Updated January 10, 2018