Story - Hayes, McCoughtry lead Dream past Aces 87-83
Hayes, McCoughtry lead Dream past Aces 87-83
- Morgan Tuck scores 15, Sun beat Lynx 83-64
- Parker leads Sparks in 99-78 win over Aces
- Griner scores 36, Mercury snap 3-game skid 101-82 over Fever
- Charles and Boyd help Liberty rout Sky 107-84
- Sykes' scores 12 in 4th quarter, Dream beat Mystics 80-77
- Stewart scores 35, grabs 10 boards; Storm beats Wings 91-84
- Dream look to stay on a roll when they host Mystics
- Mercury could solve woes against Fever
- Dream continue hot shooting, beat Fever 98-74
- Williams powers Sun past Mercury 91-87
LAS VEGAS (AP) Tiffany Hayes scored 24 points, Angel McCoughtry had 23 points, nine rebounds and six assists and the Atlanta Dream beat the Las Vegas Aces 87-83 on Friday.
Atlanta went on an 8-0 run midway through the third quarter to extend its lead to 54-37, and McCoughtry put the Dream ahead 87-75 with 2:10 remaining in the fourth. Jaime Nared capped the scoring at the free-throw line with 1.6 seconds left.
Renee Montgomery scored 11 points for Atlanta (4-3), which handed Connecticut its first loss of the season Tuesday. Hayes and McCoughtry combined to make 14 of 15 free throws.
Rookie A'ja Wilson, averaging 21.0 points, had 20 points, nine rebounds and three assists for Las Vegas (1-6). She was 6 of 18 from the floor. Kayla McBride had 13 points and six rebounds.
Updated June 8, 2018